Thursday 22 November 2012

Workshops And Film Shoot Scheduling


On Wednesday I had a workshop with Allen Jennings on how to offline then online a project in Avid Media Composer. In this workshop I went through a handout that explained what to do, and asked Allen for help when I was unsure of what to do. This process took me quite a while at first and seemed quite confusing at times. To understand it more and become quicker at it I would need to go through the handout quite a few times.

After this workshop, I asked Allen and Lou Appleby if I could have a workshop on how to operate the Tricaster as well as vision mix on it, as I have not assumed either of these roles when making programmes in the studio. This workshop will be on Monday morning of next week.

On Thursday we had a group meeting to discuss the film shoots of our commissioned show. We spoke about what equipment and props we would need during these shoots, as well as when exactly we would be filming each segment. I had to text or call the presenters to find out if they were free when we were so that we could film everything we needed to. This took some time to organise however because there were several dates we needed to clarify and we had to wait for the presenters responses to make sure everything was okay to go ahead.

Unfortunately we had to swap one film shoot round with another due to one of the location’s availability. However, all of the presenters were very patient with us, which was very welcome due to the complexity of fitting everything into the short space of time we have to get everything ready. To clear everything up with each of the presenters, I emailed them with the dates of the filming, what and where it was, and who was needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment