Friday 30 November 2012

Advert Filming, Camera Workshop, Organising Sunday's Shoot


On Tuesday we were filming the advert for our commissioned show, ‘The Manual’. This was mainly organised by Gareth Allen and Adam Whittingham, as they both had the vision for the advert. I went along to the filming for a short time, so that I could meet Rachel Bonnici, who I had been in contact with, as well as bring ‘The Manual’ book for the filming. I oversaw some of this filming for around three-quarters of an hour before I left, as I didn’t want to be around for too long and get in the way because there was already quite a few people there.

On Friday I had a workshop on how to operate a selection of the cameras, such as the Sony PMW-EX1, PMW-EX3, and HVR-Z7. I only got hands-on with the EX3 for a short period of time and tried to make the use of the focus and depth of field.


The PMW-EX3 HD compact camcorder is the ideal solution for a wide range of customers from broadcasters through to independent videographers and film makers who want exceptional HD picture quality and state-of-the-art workflow from an affordable semi-shoulder camcorder. 

XDCAM EX - New Generation HD Recording System. (n.d.). Retrieved November 30, 2012, from http://www.sony.nl/pro/lang/en/nl/product/xdcamcamcorders/pmw-ex3/overview
Sony PMW-EX3


I didn’t see too much of the setting up of the camera, however there is a handout that I will try and print out and go through when I have time. I would really like to increase my knowledge of setting up and operating the cameras because it is a skill that I am currently not overly confident with.

After this workshop, I met with the members of my group who were involved in Sunday’s film shoot for ‘The Manual’. In this meeting we discussed the schedule for the day and how the shoot will be organised in terms of all the equipment and the format of the challenge. Michael Parsons was very organised for this filming and had created a document and diagrams of how everything will work and be planned out. We then had to pick up the reasonably large amount of equipment we would need from the storeroom and the CCi studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment