Wednesday 7 November 2012

Getting The Last Bits Of Our CCi Live Together


Early on in the week I looked over our scripts, which had been written by our scriptwriters. There were several small parts that I needed to raise with them, however the script was generally pretty good and linked between our inserts well. From the feedback we received from the presenters I decided to show them our first draft of the script on Monday.

For our ‘Things to do in autumn’ insert, we were given the ‘Something Different’ sting by Lucas Holzhauer. This had to be edited within After Effects to change the title, and then it was added to the front end of the insert so that the sting did not have to be played separately on the Tricaster by the delivery crew.


Unfortunately, on the Monday one of our presenters told us that he couldn’t do the live show on Friday as something came up. This was very short notice for us so we had to find a replacement very quickly. I saw Umby, one of the people I had in mind to replace him very shortly after, so I asked him if he would like to do it, which he accepted. It was not until later when I told Charlie Watts that Tom had pulled out and we had already asked Umby, that I found out he was short listed by the following weeks group to be one of their presenters. This was not an ideal situation because we wanted to have more of a variety in presenters for CCi Live. This show’s that we need to have more regular communication between groups so we know what plans groups have for their shows. The new producers forum on Moodle should mean more regular communication so hopefully this will not be an issue in the future.

When I pitched the idea of publicising the new CCi t-shirts within the show to Lou and Charlie, they told us to steer clear of it because of the uncertainty around their availability. On the Tricaster I created the strap lines for the interviewees that will appear on our show, then on the titles laptop I created the credits. Towards the end of the day, we had sent off all our offline edits as well as first draft of the script, for Charlie and Lou to look over.

My job now was to collate all the paperwork that we had assembled over the last 6 weeks and type up all our minutes, planning of shoots and any additional information I thought was needed for the paperwork hand in. This took some time as there were a lot of documents and I wanted to make sure we covered as much as we possibly could.

By Tuesday afternoon we had all our inserts, photos and straps on the Tricaster, our credits were finished and our script had been finalised. I was very happy that we had all of this done this early as it meant we were not in a mad rush to finalise our content and the delivery team could practice with it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment