Tuesday 16 October 2012

Getting More Organised


To make myself more organised, as there are a lot of things coming up that I need to remember, I decided to create a calendar on my laptop that synchronises with my phone. I would add all events onto this calendar and would check it regularly to make sure I didn’t forget everything.


The Great South Run insert is proving difficult to get filming permission for. This shows us how clearance can be very hard to attain for big events. It can be hard to know exactly who to contact and how to go about it, and if you go about it in the wrong way it can mean a straight refusal.

We were also sent an opportunity for another insert by Lou Appleby, this being the Night of the Dead event at Southsea Castle which was covered by CCi Live a couple of years ago. I contacted the lady in charge of the event, Stephanie Bennett, and she was very keen for it to be covered again. I watched the insert from a couple of years ago and thought that they managed to get the message of the event across, but that some of the shots didn’t look at good as I believed they could have been. I didn’t want to pass up this opportunity so I decided we would film it and see how it went.


On Tuesday we filmed a couple of our inserts, these being ‘Remembrance Day’ and ‘Things to do in autumn’. I was part of the crew who filmed ‘Things to do in autumn’ and I organised what we wanted to film and where we wanted to do it. On the shoot, I did a little bit of filming on the Sony PMW EX1 and I watched Adam set up the camera as I wanted to learn a bit more about setting it up and operating it. I hope this insert comes together well as we had some issues with filming and quality content. If it doesn’t work in the edit, then we will probably have to drop the insert from our show because we don’t want our show’s quality to slip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment